About Melina Karaolia
Melina Karaolia's work encompasses a diverse range of corporate and litigation matters. She advises clients in multiple commercial, civil law issues and business law disputes. She concentrates on corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration. She advises and represents clients in international corporate transactions, commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions and legal matters relating to corporate project structuring and business development. Her practice areas also include insurance law, company redomiciliations and competition law.
She graduated from the Law School of the University of East Anglia, UK, with an LLB Honors degree. Melina holds a diploma in International Commercial Arbitration from Queen Mary University (London) and is a qualified Barrister-at-Law, a member of Gray’s Inn London and the Cyprus Bar Association.
Qualifications / Expertise
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association since 2004
- Member of Gray’s Inn London – Barrister at Law – since 2005
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of London since 2008
- Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators since 2012
- Member of the Board of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Cyprus branch, since 2012
- Member of the Board of the Cyprus Arbitration Forum since 2016
- Member of the Board of the Cyprus Fiduciary Association since 2020
- Member of the Board of the Cyprus Association of Mediators since 2020
- Accredited and registered Mediator in Cyprus since 2016
- Accredited and registered Insolvency Practitioner since 2017